爱你的T酱 17-02-08 18:53
微博认证:教育博主 微博原创视频博主

#TED君推荐# 今年年初最好看的美剧《This is us》(《我们这一天》)
翻译了一段剧中的台词分享给大家
(Uncle Kevin画了这幅画,和侄女们分享他的人生哲学)

And life is full of color
生命(就像这幅画),充满了色彩
And we each get to come along
我们每个人的一生
and we add our own color to the painting
就是在这幅画上不断地延长着自己的那道色彩(最终成为一条彩色的线)
You know? And even though it's not very big, the painting
也许,这幅画看起来也许并不是很大
you sort of have to figure that it goes on forever, you know, in each direction. So, like to infinity, you know?
但你得去想象:这些代表生命的彩色线条是向着各个方向无限延伸的,无边无际地延伸
Cause that's kind of like life,right?
因为生命就是这样无限延伸的,不是吗?
And it's really crazy, if you think about it, isn't it?
仔细想想,真是不可思议

A hundred years ago, some guy that I never met came to this country with a suitcase.
一百年前,一个我从未见过的人拖着一个行李箱来到了这个国家。
He has a son, who has a son, who has me.
他生了个儿子,儿子又有了个儿子,然后就有了我
So, at first, when I was painting, I was thinking, you know ,that was that guy's part of the painting and then, you know
所以,一开始在画这幅画的时候,我就在想:画里上端的那个点就是那个人人生的开始
down there, that's my part of the painting
而下边的那个点,就是我在这幅画里所处的位置

And then I started to think, well, what if we are all in the painting, everywhere?
然后我开始想啊:假设我们每个人的生命都被画在了这幅画上呢?
And-and what if we are in the painting before we are born?
假设在出生以前,我们的人生轨迹就早已被画好了呢?
What if we are in it after we die?
而如果我们死后就会进入画中自己的那条彩色的线呢?
And these colors we keep adding, what if they just keep getting added on top of one another until eventually, we are not even different colors anymore?
又如果我们一直在添加的这些颜色,其实是不断覆盖在他人的颜色之上,直到我们最后都成为了相同颜色,那又会是怎样的呢?

We are just... one thing.One painting.
那样......我们就是一体的,我们就只是一幅画而已。
I mean, my dad is not with us anymore.
比如说,我父亲已经去世很久了。
He's not alive, but he's with us. He's with me every day.
他虽然已经离开了人世,但其实仍然陪在我们身边。我知道他每天都在陪着我。
It all just sort of fits somehow.
一切都像是冥冥之中早已注定的。

And even if you don't understand how yet, people will die in our lives, people that we love, in the future. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe years from now.
尽管你们还不能理解,但是生命中的每一个人,终有一天都会死去。也许就是明天,也许会是多年以后。
I mean, it's kind of beautiful, right?
但是看看这幅画,其实挺美的不是吗?
If you think about it, the fact that just because someone dies, just because you can't see them or talk to them anymore.
事实上,即使有人死了,就因为你再也不能见到他们或和他们说话
it doesn't mean they are not still in the painting
也并不代表着他们就不在这幅生命的画里了

I think maybe that's the point of the whole thing.
我想也许生命的意义就在于此
There's no dying.
没有死亡
There's no you or me or them.
没有“你”、“我”,或者“他们”
It's just us.
有的只是“我们”
And this sloppy, wild, colorful painting that has no beginning, it has no end.
而这随意的、狂野的、缤纷的生命之绘画,不知从何开始,也永远都不会结束